This post provides tips on how to enhance, create and establish your web presence. Let us begin by clarifying and defining web presence. For the purposes of this post web presence means a location on the world wide web where others can find you, your business, and/or your blog post. Each entrepreneur who does not have a web presence is depriving himself of potential customers/clients. This include MLM’ers who have been provided a spot/url which is under the corporate heading of the business being promoted. These websites are duplicates of those available to all of that company’s affiliates. Your individual website provides you not only individuality and, uniqueness, but also an ability to add not only additional features but also an ability to promote additional products.
QUESTIONS TO CONSIDER
Let’s address the following questions before we proceed to our tips for today.
1. Who needs a web presence? All entrepreneurs need a web presence. It provides customers and potential customers quick and easy access to information about you and your business.
2. Who can benefit from a web presence? Those who wish to share information with large groups find their information can be easily disseminated through a blog. It also provides a quick medium for interaction with your focus group.
3. How is a blog or web presence created? There are multiple approaches for the creation and development of a website. Costs vary with providers and the services being provided. Google or YouTube website development for specific details.
4. How to choose the provider that best meets my needs? Individuals can make an educated choice after research and collection of information about services provided and costs for these services. Just as in shoes there usually is not a one size fits all as businesses [and individuals] have different needs.
TIPS TO CREATE/ENHANCE WEB PRESENCE
1. If you do not have a web presence, the first decision is whether or not to establish one. If you are an entrepreneur that is a no brainer.
2. The next step is to determine your needs. What is purpose of your web presence—publicize your business, promote products, promote a blog, or a combination of those.
3. Next, do you have the skills [or are you willing to learn] to manage and update your website? This is a key question. Those who can learn to update a WordPress site can save substantially on its maintenance and upkeep.
4. Finally, do you want a free or hosted website. Entrepreneurs need a hosted website so that products or services may be sold on the site.
Most small business and home business entrepreneurs begin with a limited budget. My suggestion is that you negotiate with someone to set up your site, host and manage it for one year. During that time frame gain the skills to manage and update yourself. Fees for hosting are much less than fees for website management.
Should you need assistance with setting up and establishing your web presence contact us. We will discuss your needs and provide a free consultation.